Emerging and Highly Popular Casino Software Developers
Casino software developers are the backbone of the online gambling sector and are responsible for providing games which not only feature vivid graphics and sound effects, but also come with the very latest technological innovations.
And throughout the two and a half decades that the online wagering sector has come into existence, their number has continued to grow, as well as the technological innovations they are capable of providing.
In this article, we shall examine some of the most popular of these providers currently operating in the online gambling sector, we shall also take a look at upcoming providers which are rapidly making a name for themselves in this highly competitive industry.
Highly Popular Casino Software Developers
Providers in this category are those which for the most part, have played a key role in the development of the virtual gambling industry due to their presence during its earlier stages. Examples include:
- Microgaming: The story of this provider which was one of the earliest casino software developers is one of firsts: it not only produced the first online gambling software in 1994, but also created the first mobile casino software in 2004. Since then, Microgaming has gone on to produce several highly successful games such as Jurassic World™ and Game of Thrones™ slots. It currently enjoys the status of being one of the best providers in the industry with titles available at a number of top tier virtual gambling establishments.
- Netent: Vivid, playful graphics differentiate this provider's offerings from its competitors'. And the fact that it is also regulated by the UKGC, which is one of the most reputable regulators in the virtual gambling sector only adds to its status as one of the most sought after and secure game providers. Netent's journey began in 1996 and since then, it has gone on to establish a reputation for creating high quality games known for their fairness and a collection of over 200 titles. Some of its best releases include the hit title Starburst, Gonzo's Quest and Guns N' Roses.
- Playtech: The story of this outfit which has its fingers in many pies - it also caters to the financial industry in addition to the online gambling sector - began in 1999. Since then it has gone on to build a portfolio of over 600 games while also providing live gaming, sports betting, poker and bingo software with titles such as the Matrix, Beach Life and Green Lantern, among some of its best releases.
- Betsoft: Founded in 1999, this virtual gaming provider has built a reputation for games which feature colorful, humorous graphics. Its offerings can also found in the collections of several top tier gambling establishments. Some of Betsoft's most popular titles include: Reels of Wealth, Tiger's Claw and Greedy Goblins.
Emerging Casino Software Developers
Game providers in this category happen to be those outfits which are relative newcomers compared to other more established companies. Examples include:
- iSoftBet: Founded in 2010, this gambling game provider is certified in more than 16 regulated markets including the UK, Italy, Portugal and Switzerland. The company also prides itself on its ability to meet the standards of leading regulatory bodies and its titles based on popular culture which are perfectly adapted for a variety of platforms. Examples of its best releases include: Angry Birds, Booster and Forest Mania.
- Yggdrasil gaming:This igaming provider first stepped onto the cybergambling scene in 2013 and is known for its high quality realistic graphics. It has since made its way to the forefront of the online wagering sector and is considered one of the leading games providers at present. Some of its best offerings include: Wolf Hunters, Champions of Rome and Penguin City.
Additional Examples of Reputable Games Providers
Although the examples provided above cover some of the most popular examples of casino software developers, the fact is that there are also several others relied on by top tier virtual gambling operators. Examples include: Real Time Gaming, Next Gen Gaming, Aristocrat, IGT, Quickspin and Leander.